Caterlyst Account Director
Caterlyst is the leading database and market insights business in the Foodservice and Convenience Retail Market, working with some of the top FMCG brands. At our heart is a database of 800,000 plus outlets that makes up the full Out of Home market – bringing Big Data analysis opportunities to any company selling or servicing these markets together with Sales team management and lead generation solutions. We help our clients to grow their business profitably.
We are growing fast and we are looking for new talent to join our friendly, bright team, in the role of Account Director.
Overall purpose of the role
This key leader role will develop and cultivate relationships with existing and new customers to actively grow the business, by effectively partnering with the customer, to identify and implement new Marketing and Sales initiatives across their business, using Caterlyst’s product portfolio.
Primary focus of role
- Maximise new business development opportunities, across the existing customer portfolio
- Optimise performance of Client Account Managers by providing guidance, delegation and senior support to their portfolios
- Negotiate with customers effectively to ensure profitable growth in new business
- Network to connect with and leverage relationships with senior leaders in the food and drinks sectors
- Development of excellent client and business relationships with key senior personnel
- Continually review process and current practice, challenging perceived ways of working and initiating improvements which add value.
- Ensure timely service and commercial performance reporting is delivered to the client
- Develop, deliver, and report on an Annual Development Plan
- Display a positive ‘can do’ attitude in managing client expectations and delivering great service.
- Identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of additional Caterlyst services to the mutual benefit of the client and the business
- Ownership and delivery of agreed financial targets
- Be an ambassador for the Caterlyst business, demonstrating clear leadership by example
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a close overview of all activities being delivered by the account team, with a particular focus on the quality of internal briefing and the successful delivery of key campaigns.
- Ensure all “work in progress” is actively logged and monitored and consistently delivered within relevant service parameters
- Represent the business in regular status meetings and Business Reviews with senior client contacts
- Manage all financial aspects with the Account Managers of their client activities, including timely and accurate invoicing, forecasting and budget setting.
- Support the Client Services Director as the primary point of escalation for client issues.
- Identify and lead on innovation, cost saving and service development opportunities
- Interact with key stakeholders and departments, adding value to existing processes whenever possible.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Experience in the Out Of Home Market (Foodservice, Wholesale/Supply Chain, On-trade sectors) is preferred
- A Technical mind with very strong knowledge of Microsoft office products are essential, advanced Excel and PowerBI knowledge would be an advantage
- Previous experience with CRM software, and working with clients to develop sales strategies
- Experience in using email marketing platforms
- Budget and report writing skills
- Line management and project management experience
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness is essential
- Excellent account management and negotiation skills
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills, able to manage a customer portfolio effectively
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- A full driving licence
Applications to email@example.com with CV and covering letter.